Friday, April 30, 2010

Writing an essay

Writing an essay: The topic sentence goes at the END of the first paragraph. Each paragraph supports it. (Three paragraphs is good.) Then conclusion restates the topic, often with a new idea.
For example:
My Favorite Place (By Maria. Edited by Liz)

Five years ago was my first time going to California and
while I was there I saw my sister. We went to California for three days and four nights.My partner drove for one day and half to get to California. My favorite place is California.

California is different from Washington. California
is hotter and things are less expensive. I got a tan and food is cheaper than here.

In California I had so much fun with my sister and my family. My granddaughter went too; she was 5 months. We went to the stores and bought new stuff. Also we took my sister to work in Toys R' Us .

When I was in California, I went to Disneyland with my family and we had so much fun. When I was in Disneyland I got in most of the rides. Our goal was to ride all rides but we didn't reach our goal. At 8:00 pm
a festival started. All the Disney characters were walking and taking
pictures with people. Around 10 pm, there were fireworks. We stayed
until 11 pm.

California is fantastic. When I got home I was telling all my friends about what I had experienced at California and I hope I go to California again. I will never forget that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment