Friday, July 9, 2010

Assignment #1

We had a great class today - I am very impressed with the determination and focus in this group. I think we will make good progress, even in this short quarter!
Today, everyone made their own blog. (Arturo, I need your CORRECT blog address; Phong, please create your blog and email me the URL address.)
This week, FIRST: please check the "comments" on your blog. I wrote to each of you there. Make the changes I suggested. (This will probably take about 20 minutes.)
ALSO do these 5 things:
1. Choose AT LEAST ONE of TOPIC from the following list and write the BEST and WORST thing about it on your blog ("New Post"). If possible, support your ideas with personal experience. (About 1 and a half hours total.)

computers
learning English
living in Renton
having kids
having a car
coming to the US
going to college
television
cell phones
BE PREPARED TO READ WHAT YOU WROTE IN NEXT FRIDAY'S CLASS. (I will print them for you.)
Practice reading them aloud to someone in your family, three times. (About 30 minutes total.)

2. Go to the Quia link on the right and do this week's assignments. (About 1 hour total.)
3. Go to another student's blog and make a brief comment. Do you like the color? The style? The writing? (NOTE: You should be signed in, and you have to do the "word verification" before the comment is published.) This will take about 30 minutes.
4. EVERY WEEK: Practice KEYBOARDING (TYPING) at the typing website. When you finish a lesson, email me so that I know. You should practice for 1 hour total each week. (About 20 minutes, 3 times, is wonderful.)
5. EVERY WEEK: Work on spelling by grades (see the link on the right.) This week is Grade one. (First, listen to the words, then try to write them.) You can type the words but also write them by hand. Bring your spelling paper to class for me to see. Each student will do at least Grades 1 - 3 this summer. This will take about 1 hour total each week.


If you have any questions or problems, email me at eflalconer@rtc.edu. See you in cyberspace!

No comments:

Post a Comment