Friday, July 30, 2010

Assignment #4

STUDENTS! OUR RTC MAIL HAS BEEN DOWN SINCE SATURDAY. I CAN'T SEE YOUR MAIL. IF YOU NEED TO EMAIL ME, USE liz@kotoworld.com.
Great work today! Everyone proofread the assignment using the SWAP method.  We also discussed the use of adjectives with -ed/-ing endings.  Edits were made in the computer room, and then the posts were read aloud in class. I hope everyone is learning to really value the usefulness of proofreading and reading aloud.  The diversity of writing that came from the single topic of writing about the future was fascinating. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone writes this week!


This week:
1. Please write a paragraph using the conjunctions but, so, and about being a man or woman. (Use the handout as your basic guideline, but the main purpose is to use these words correctly.)Remember to put a comma before the conjunction. 
Liz's example: 
I love being a Woman, but.....
I love being a woman, but I don't like all the expectations that come with it. Women are expected to cook, but I am really not very interested in cooking. I cook to survive, so my meals are usually quite simple.  Housekeeping is another area where I don't really measure up. I usually get very involved with things I love - such as teaching - and housework is always last on my list, something that I plan to get to tomorrow. Beauty expectations are something else that I struggle with, and like many women I have to decide how seriously I am going to take them. I do love to shop for clothes, but I am very stubborn about prices, so I will only buy things if they are a good bargain.  I also love earrings, and wear them every day; they are sort of my personal mark of being "feminine".  (Although men of course wear them now too!) As an American  woman living in the US I feel I am very lucky, because  I can work, have a family, and develop my mind and skills. All in all, if I were to live my life over, I'd choose being a woman. 


2. Do the take-home handout on present and past tense. Bring it to class next week. 


3. Visit Spelling City three times, and practice Grade Two, Parts 1, 2, and 3.  (One part each time.)
You can do "Teach" to learn the words, and "Games" to work on various activities with the words.  


4. I will post 2 new Quia games by Sunday night.  Please try to do them. Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment